Eating Disorders and Support for Young People

If you are worried about yourself or perhaps someone you know that might have an eating disorder, seek your GP's help as soon as you can.  It can be hard to admit you have a problem and to ask for help, so it might be easier to bring a friend or loved one with you to the appointment.  The GP will ask some questions about your eating habits, how you are feeling and will check your overall health and weight.  If the GP thinks you may have an eating disorder you can be referred to a specialist for help and support.

Find some support leaflets here:

Lived Experience of Eating Disorder

Eating Disorder - Carers Booklet

Read more about the UK's eating disorder charity - Beat

Early intervention is key for you to gain the greatest chance of recovery so call us today and come and speak to your GP, we are here to help.

Tips Poster - Please Read


Kooth is a free online counselling and emotional well-being support service for children and young people, which can be accessed via a mobile, laptop or tablet.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website