Registering at the Practice

registrationWe welcome new patients living within our practice boundary, this area is from the railway line in the west, to Coldhams Lane in the north, to Cherry Hinton Road in the south and to Cherry Hinton village in the east which includes our branch surgery premises. We only take patients that live within our boundary area and if you do not you will be asked to register with a practice closer to your home. *Please see our registration policy.  There is a link at the bottom of this page to NHS Choices website where information can be found regarding any practices that cover your home address.

1.   All new patients will be asked to complete a registration form and to provide their NHS number if known as this aides registration and the retrieval of medical records.  We  will also ask you to fill out a New Patient Questionnaire, which gives us a brief history and helps us with your care until your medical records are sent on from your previous GP practice. 

2.  New Born Babies will also need a registration form completing; even though we may have received the hospital discharge letter with details of their birth and new NHS number, we usually register at the 6 week check but it can be completed earlier if desired.

In line with the current government initiative and to comply with our NHS contract all patients are now allocated a named accountable GP.  Newly registered patients will be allocated a named GP on registration.  You will be registered with Dr Peter Niemczuk, but please note that this does not mean that you cannot see the GP of your choice and you can still book appointments with all GP's.

3.   Children under 6 - it is important that childhood vaccinations are not missed and it is helpful if you can bring along your child's Health Development Record (Red Book) for us to make a copy of the vaccination pages.

  Patients visiting Cambridge from another area of the United Kingdom/Overseas may receive emergency treatment as temporary residents at the practice.  You will be asked to complete a form for this.   This should only be for the treament of any ailments that have occurred whilst staying in the area and is not for the treatment of chronic and longstanding conditions.   Referrals to secondary care ie; hospital is only for emergency cases and your hospital spell may be investigated by the Paying Patients Team if you are not ordinarily resident in the UK.

Online resources:

  • "visiting or moving to England"
  • "Your health and care records"
  • "Help with health costs"
  • "Paying NHS charges"

"Guidance on overseas visitors"


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website