Welcome to the Mill Road Surgery Website
The main surgery is situated in the University City of Cambridge with a branch surgery at nearby Cherry Hinton.
PATIENTS WHO ATTEND OUR BRANCH SURGERY IN CHERRY HINTON
we have temporarily CLOSED THE BRANCH SURGERY AND ARE WORKING ONLY FROM THE MILL ROAD SITE. Telephone 01223 247812
Changes to how we are working
All changes are designed to reduce the spread of the virus and minimise the impact of COVID-19 on our most vulnerable and frail patients.
1) Routine GP appointments have been suspended whilst we concentrate on urgent care for the most unwell.
2) We have moved from face-to-face appointments to telephone and video appointments.
3) ALL patients will need to speak to a medical professional to determine the need for an appointment (telephone triage).
If you are asked to attend in person for a diagnostic test or examination by a clinician please note we are practising social distancing in our waiting room and have introduced gaps inbetween appointments. Staff will be using the appropriate PPE. Patients should arrive wearing their own mask, please do not bring anyone with you into the building (exception children and those with mobility issues) entry is via the front door and you will be directed to exit via the back door to the car park and to dispose of any mask and gloves on leaving if these were provided by the practice, a clinical waste bin is positioned by the exit. Rooms and equipment are then cleaned between patients.
- If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms please go to 111 online DO NOT ATTEND YOUR GP SURGERY- Please follow the new NHS advice to self-isolate at home for 7 days if you have:
o a fever AND / OR
o a new persistent cough
o if your symptoms are manageable at home and you would not ordinarily require medical attention please do not call 111 unless your condition deteriorates.
- At this point in time GPs CANNOT test for the coronavirus which causes COVID-19
If you need to take time off work - below is a Self-Certificate Form that can be printed off and handed to your employer:
FACE COVERING EXEMPTION CARD
You can now use the NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your Smartphone or tablet. It can be used to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and more. If you already use this service via our website, you can continue to use it and can use the NHS App as well. For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
(Site updated 13/09/2020)